It’s Sunday Funday.
But instead of getting sloshed, I get saunaed.
The sauna is basically a human heatbox.
I stay for ten minutes or more, get out for a minute, then jump back in.
After a couple of rounds of this, I’m totally sloshed.
A feeling of calm takes over my body. My body temperature is high, and in some ways, I feel high.
After I’m done, I feel like I just finished up an intense exercise routine.
If you haven’t been in the sauna, I highly recommend it.
Why? Well, According to Dr. Rhonda Patrick of Foundmyfitness.com, here are few of the benefits of regular sauna use:
● Improved cardiovascular mechanisms and lower heart rate.
● Lower core body temperature during workload
● Higher sweat rate and sweat sensitivity as a function of increased thermoregulatory control.
● Increased blood flow to skeletal muscle (known as muscle perfusion) and other tissues.
● Reduced rate of glycogen depletion due to improved muscle perfusion.
● Increased red blood cell count
● Increased efficiency of oxygen transport to muscles
Get Sweaty, Get Healthy
What does all this scientific mumbo-jumbo mean? It means regular sauna use will help you live longer and look sexier. So, instead of doing shots this Sunday, consider getting sweaty. Your body will thank you.